Marine aquaculture (fish, shellfish, algaculture) is a leading sector of the Atlantic Area Blue Economy that counts on an important tradition in many EU countries and that is relevant in many of its coasts As only 10% of Atlantic shore seafood is aquaculture-sourced there is great opportunity for raising Atlantic Area aquaculture production in a sustainable way which is the main goal of Access2Sea.
Aquaculture has the potential to boost economic development and job creation especially in the seafood sector by the sustainable exploitation of the Atlantic Area natural assets. Creating new sustainable farms is a key element for the blue economy in the region.
Access2Sea improves the attractiveness of the Atlantic shore for aquaculture SMEs by enabling new business opportunities and providing sustainable and easier access to it.
Marine aquaculture is a leading sector of the Atlantic Area Blue Economy that counts on an important tradition in many EU countries and that is relevant in many of its coasts.
The main objective is to enhance the exploitation and preservation of the Atlantic Area natural assets:
- -By unlocking the existing barriers.
- -Facilitating terrestrial production.
- -Disseminating new and existing solutions.
- -Providing support to aquaculture SMEs, to strengthen or attract them to the area.
Access2Sea integrates a market approach to the development of SMEs by supporting:
- – Generic productive investment in small and medium sized enterprises.
- -Technology transfer and university-enterprise cooperation benefiting SMEs.
- -SME business development.
- -Support to social enterprises.